Host an event
You can make a difference by hosting an event on behalf of UALC in your community.
We are committed to uniting all families and organizations dedicated to conquering lung cancer in the spirit of partnership and collaboration. We have an experienced and creative events planning team ready to help and provide resources you need to make your event a success, no matter the size.
Our partners have supported UALC through a variety of unique and fun events that spread lung cancer awareness and raise funds for research, including our signature Kites for a Cure®, races, walks, luncheons, dinners, galas, fashion shows, game nights, wine tastings, music, yoga-thons, recitals, and more! Anything can raise awareness, and our team can help you make your event a success.
Events supporting UALC enjoy the following benefits:
- Use of UALC’s 501(c)3 nonprofit status—no lengthy IRS approval process, fees or paperwork associated with the application, separate tax returns or audits!
- Peace of mind knowing that the dollars you raise will support innovative lung cancer research at leading academic institutions across the country—projects carefully vetted by our renowned Medical Committee.
- Online fundraising tools and donation processing
- Use of the UALC name, logo and stellar reputation
Our partners who host events on UALC’s behalf collaborate with us at two levels:
- Champion Partners are individuals or groups who are planning smaller scale events or are starting a fundraising team in a local activity (marathons, 5Ks, etc.) UALC Champions will have access to fundraising support materials (both online and print), automated donation acknowledgements, and more.
- Progress Partners are individuals or groups who are interested in planning a larger scale event which has the potential to raise more than $20,000. Benefits of Progress Partnership are extensive and include one-to-one event planning and administrative support from UALC staff.